Breslins Club October 2019 – With Barker Brettell!
The October edition of Breslins Club is nearly here! Join us at our networking event on Thursday 3rd October from 4:30pm at 1000 Trades in the Jewellery Quarter.
Our networking events welcome everyone – from business start-ups to established companies, or even individuals who are looking to start-up!
The event is a friendly gathering in a relaxed environment, where you can meet like-minded business owners and have access to business support and practical advice from professionals! You’ll also have the opportunity to showcase your services to other businesses and offer support to them.
This month, we are delighted to welcome Intellectual Property specialists Barker Brettell, who will be giving a short presentation at around 5pm followed by an opportunity to ask questions and network! Founded in 1891 and currently protecting more than 72,000 live patents, trademarks and design rights, Barker Brettell’s specialist IP services are tailored to give the best possible protection today and tomorrow. Their dedicated IP specialists can advise you on how to best protect the brand, ideas and innovation that you’ve worked so hard to develop.
If you’re new to the networking scene and not sure what it’s all about, or you’re nervous about attending, do not worry! Check out our blog all about successful networking here!
Here’s are our top tips for business start-up networking:
1. Build personal connections with people you meet
2. Don’t forget to smile – It makes you more approachable!
3. Take the time to listen to conversations well, and respond in an appropriate way
4. Don’t try to sell your services or products – focus on making valuable connections
5. Research attendees beforehand to give you an idea of questions to ask
6. Be curious! Don’t be afraid to ask questions and dig deeper
7. Offer your help to new connections – you may have a problem in the future that they can help you with
8. Go in with a positive mind set – set a goal of making a new friend rather than a business connection
We hope to see lots of friendly faces next Thursday for a great night of networking!
You can book your free ticket through the Breslins Club page or by clicking here.
Contact us today to find out more about our networking events, send an email to email@example.com or give us a call on 0121 233 0456 or come and have an informal coffee and a chat in our offices located in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.